Monday, September 26, 2016

#WhyIYoungLife

I had just seen her an hour ago after I dropping her off at school. I looked down at my phone to see a message that would wreck me, "I got beat up." There were photos attached of her swollen, teary face.I stood up, "I have to go." I said to my friend, he just so happened to be traveling through my small town in the middle of nowhere and we grabbed coffee and caught up. As I let what happened sink in (this is within a matter of seconds) he was already telling me, "Yes, you have to go." As I heard his words and looked at the tear filled face in the photo, tears welled up in my eyes also. I had to sit back down to compose myself. I left Starbucks immediately, and headed straight to the high school.I ugly cried driving to school - it hurt me to see this situation - it broke my heart. I thought I would probably look silly walking into the school office with red eyes, but honestly I didn't care about what people would think of my face, I just needed to be there for her. I was thinking, "How could I have this much love, literally bursting out of me at this moment?" 

This narrative was from my day today.
I don't say any of that to pump myself up or have others tell me how sweet or great I am; this is purely the heart of Christ living out through me... 
God's LOVE. It's like, He was bursting out of me and my heart was so full I couldn't contain it.

"No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God remains in us, and His love is perfected in us."      1 John 4:12


When we ask Him for His heart for people, man does He give it.
But with great power love, comes great responsibility.

I saw God today. Weirdly enough, it was through the love bursting from my own heart. It was slightly an out of body experience. That sounds dumb to use that term. Yes, I am a loving person for the most part, but this feeling was more than I could explain.

His power and love is beyond understanding for us, so when we experience it, even for other people, it can be overwhelming. It reminded me, if I could feel this much love for a person, how much love does God have for ME!? An overwhelming and powerful amount! Yes, Jesus (who is GOD) became a man and lived a perfect life of love on this earth that's filled with terrible things, took all those terrible things people did/do upon Himself as if He was the one who committed them, died, rose, and lives! 
He wants to redeem me, and you, and every person you know.

Today was a rough day for sure, but this job is the most incredible thing that could happen to me. THIS IS MY JOB!
God is literally teaching me every day.
He is moving and changing lives, one of those lives is mine.

Everyone! 
The Gospel is TRUTH and it will change the way you think, the way you see others, and the way you view yourself! Not overconfidence in self, not a woe is me attitude, but a realization of who God is and how He sees you: Loved, Forgiven, His.
 
I know I'm not always the perfect example, but today I was reminded and experienced the transforming work God does and where He is living in me. 
I hope every day to change, grow, and mirror Christ more and more.
#WhyIYoungLife


When you're the teacher, but you're being taught When heaven is your only thought oh never let me go


"We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them." - 1 John 4:16

No comments:

Post a Comment